Today, March 8th is Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day. As Idaho’s food and nutrition experts, our Idaho RDNs are committed to improving the health of their patients and community.
According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day commemorates the dedication of RDNs as advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to increase the awareness of registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and to recognize RDNs for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day and National Nutrition Month® promote the Academy and RDNs to the public and the media as the most valuable and credible source of timely, scientifically-based food and nutrition information.
Below is a proclamation from The Office of Idaho’s Governor proclaiming March 8, 2017 to be Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Day in Idaho.
Who are Registered Dietitian Nutritionists?
- They are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- They have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship and passed an examination.
- They use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
- They work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice.
- They are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.
Thank you Registered Dietitians Nutritionists for all that you do!
To Find a RDN in your area, check out the Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic’s Directory for RDN Services: https://www.eatrightidaho.org/directory-for-rdn-services/
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, http://www.eatright.org/resource/food/resources/national-nutrition-month/registered-dietitian-nutrition-day